Pages

20 Jun 2012

Art Nouveau with a twist

Since I am an avid fan of both Art Nouveau (Mucha! ) and animal corpses a joining of those two was inevitable, right? It certainly did lead to this picture, which borrows both from my creepy imagination and the art nouveau movement.

The flowers, which do not seem awfully appropriate in this picture, are poppies and deadly nightshade (belladonna). I fear though the belladonna is only visible in close up, and even then just barely. These flowers are actually very appropriate, as they symbolize death.

Which is exactly what the main monster is. A kind of walking corps-ey, ghoul-ey thing. In my head (where everything is possible, mind you) it's kind of an exploding fur-ball, as shown on the left bottom of the sketchpage. I.e. it has only fur when it needs it, shedding it when hunting or eating and "exploding in fur" when cold.

Also, last but not least: pen drawing! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment