Pages

10 Oct 2011

The Necromancer in Black

I love this guy. Honestly. He's a fantasy book character, the anti-hero, and I find him extremely likable. Along with his brother Horst, who definitely deserved a bigger and better part.
I'm talking about "Johannes Cabal the Necromancer" by Jonathan Howard, for all those people who haven't read the book and don't have the faintest idea what I'm talking about. To everyone who loves his share of witty fantasy novels I really recommend this book.
And now about the drawing: it's Johannes Cabal, the necromancer (if that wasn't clear already), done in ink and watercolors as a substitute for ink. Because, lesson learned, one shouldn't forget one's bottles of indian ink when traveling. This results in tedious work with technical pens and lots and lots of black watercolor used.
The result is very pleasing though.


No comments:

Post a Comment